What are picture windows? As Homedit explains, these windows are large and non-operable. Although some have fancier looks, most are set in minimalistic, low-profile frames. All share a common purpose. They’re designed to ensure that the focus goes to the view beyond the window. They frame the view much like a picture frame surrounds a painting or photograph.
Some suggest that picture windows and fixed windows are the same. This isn’t accurate. It’s like saying apples and fruits are the same. Picture windows might meet the definition of fixed windows in the sense that they are windows that don’t open. However, fixed windows often mimic various types of windows, so there are many fixed windows that wouldn’t qualify as picture windows. They might be too small, feature bulky frames, or have an unusual shape.
Exploring the Many Benefits of Picture Windows
What are picture windows used for when creating home designs? Although they lack movement, these windows offer many benefits that homeowners can appreciate:
- Supplying natural light. Picture windows are large expanses of glass without rails, grilles, or muntins to get in the way. As a result, they offer more than a clear view. They also supply abundant sunshine.
- Enhancing energy efficiency. With no moving parts, there are no seals to wear, tear, or break. As a result, picture windows are especially energy-efficient. If you choose windows with insulated sashes, dual- or triple-glazed panes, or panels infused with krypton and argon, you’ll enjoy even more savings.
- Highlighting exterior features. When you have a beautiful view outside your home, it’s only natural to want to bring the outdoors in. A picture window is an ideal way to call attention to the loveliness waiting just outside your home.
- Creating an interior focal point. To add panache to a room, create a strong focal point with a picture window or a combination of windows that includes one or more picture windows. Popular combinations include a trio of picture windows or a picture window that’s situated between two double-hung windows. Placing a picture window between two casement windows is another option.
- Adding a sense of space. To make a room seem larger and brighter, install a picture window. Bringing in more natural light and forging a connection with the outdoors will create a sense of greater space.
- Enhancing security. Because picture windows don’t open, they are more secure than windows with operable sashes. This may reduce the risk of burglary or home invasion.
- Offering affordability. Picture windows are generally more affordable than many other styles of windows because of their lack of moving parts.
Discovering the Potential Drawbacks of Picture Windows
Picture windows do have a few drawbacks. These issues are related to the fact that they won’t open. It can make them more difficult to clean. It also means that they won’t provide ventilation. However, some people solve this issue by placing working windows on either side of a picture window. Others simply settle for having working windows elsewhere in the room.
Enjoying Quality Picture Windows from Liberty Home Solutions
Liberty Home Solutions is delighted to be the Ozarks’ premier source for quality residential remodeling solutions. What are picture windows from Liberty Home Solutions like? As an exclusive Soft-Lite Window dealer, we can offer gorgeous picture windows with unmatched efficiency and the tightest seals in the industry. You’ll find an extensive range of colors and sizes, including woodgrain options, to choose from. That means it’s easy to find the perfect picture windows to frame the stunning scenery in your backyard.
At Liberty Home Solutions, we take great pride in offering top-quality products and services. If you need any help finding the perfect picture windows for your home, don’t wait. Our expert team will be happy to assist you. Contact Liberty Home Solutions today to begin exploring the possibilities.